If you're looking for a career with a company that is as high energy as you are, join the Avis Budget Group Nasdaq-CAR Team. We operate two of the leading global brands in the vehicle rental industry through Avis and Budget. Along with our subsidiaries and licensees, we provide a complete range of vehicle rental services through 10,000 rental locations in three operating regions: North America; Europe, Middle East & Africa-EMEA and Latin America/Asia-Pacific. That means we're serving customers in approximately 175 countries around the world.
In order to be considered for this outstanding opportunity you must be willing to work shifts that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays, previous detailing experience is a plus!
Performs preventative maintenance and completes minor repairs on gasoline and diesel light and medium duty trucks. Changes oil, replaces filters, checks and replaces belts and hoses, replaces windshield wipers and headlights. Completes minor repairs as directed with little or no assistance. Maintains towing equipment and performs related repairs under the direct supervision of the shop manager or senior-level technicians. Completes necessary paperwork as required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively follow work direction and vary tasks according to changing volume and business needs.
- Ability to interpret and understand basic documented standards and procedures including work orders and maintenance and repair manuals this includes adherence to recognized industry labor time standards.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with co-workers.
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to work with and around hazardous materials.
- Must posses basic hand tools required for preventative maintenance and minor repairs.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Prior automotive maintenance experience preferred, but not required. Must demonstrate a strong desire to learn the mechanical trade and be willing to take the required ASE certification exams and Budget Truck training courses. All employees must pass a drug test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with Dealers via telephone or in person in regards to "all" Out of service concerns up to and including calling, questions from the O/S report or the PM report, as it pertains to any given location, i.e. Agency, Corp, dealer.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision in a manner conducive to current EPA,OSHA and or local DERM regulations with special detail given to any spill of fluids including Company Safety practices regarding using "wheel chocks", removing the ignition key prior to repair process, returning unit key to rental personal upon completion of work and proper completion of all necessary repair orders and PM ,DOT, check sheets and decals as well when in the field.
- Proper use and care of Company Mobile unit up to and including the maintenance of said unit. Also understanding that Mobile unit is to be operated in a safe manner and Maintained to current Maintenance policies. This includes all related equipment of said unit and any Pager, Cell Phone, or Radio as provided. Understanding that the Mobile unit and communication equipment will not be used for any personal matters.
- Will follow any schedule or route as directed and will keep in regular contact with the Maintenance Manager or anyone he was designated.
- Will maintain a "Valid" Driver License, up to and including a class "D" or "C" with a Hazardous Material endorsement if required by Federal State, or Local laws, and an Annual DOT physical if required and be subjected to any "random" Drug/Alcohol screening as required. Submit to a required post accident Drug/Alcohol test after any accident involving the operation of the Company vehicle.
- Periodically be assigned to work in the shop or other location as needed or directed by Maintenance Manger or his designate.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services. Candidates must meet all basic qualifications and submit a complete application to be considered for this position. This posting serves as an advertisement of an existing open position only and does not qualify as the job description.